Thursday 30 September 2010

España!

I still can't believe I'm finally in Spain. The town of Ferrol is a small town where everyone knows each other and where everyone values good, simple living. I think I will be very happy here. Below are a few pictures of Maria's house, the great food her husband Julio makes, downtown Ferrol, the beach and our apartment:) Enjoy!

The port of Ferrol where the Navy ships are made



There are tons of old fashioned buildings like the one below all over el centro


 Maria's idyllic home 15 minutes outside of el centro




Santa Comba beach near Maria's house



Laura, Maria and I


Yummy Spanish food!! Torta de papa, empanada de atun, y ensalada de tomate


More yummy food...Maria's husband is a great cook!


Deep fried pulpo (octopus)




Our apartment building! Don't mind the Dental sign there are tons of shops and offices at the bottom of each building in Ferrol


My roomie Laura in our living room (the apartment comes fully furnished)


The master bedroom


Laura and I eating pinchos, which are a Spanish snack that are given free at any cafe or bistro before lunch time :)


Our third roomie Miss Callie from Birmingham, Alabama


Well that's all for now. I will update with more pics and info soon once I get settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment