Monday 9 May 2011

A Scottish Royal Wedding Experience

Last weekend Jek and I made it out to London - although it was completely unplanned it happened to be the same weekend as the Royal Wedding! My second time in London was much more relaxing than my first and I was happy to see several smiling Brits in full Union Jack regalia as they enjoyed patriotic festivities in honor of the royal couple, Wills and Katie. Several places like the London Zoo and London Eye even offered free admission if your names were Will or Kate. Unfortunately for Jek and I we didn't make the cut. However we did make it to a Tommy Emmanual concert, Borough Street Market, Hyde Park, tea at Harrods, Nando's Chicken in Shoreditch, Greenwich and a boat ride down the Thames. I think it was safe to say I fell in love with London all over again :)

This pics below are all thanks to my friend Steph and her mom Sheena. They waited outside from 4:30 am but they got some prime time shots!




Wills and Katie



The Queen





The famous balcony wave from Buckingham Palace



A private party that we did not get invited to at the Prime Minister's home on Downey Street



On the bridge headed to St. James Park




Everyone out enjoying the sun


We celebrated true British fashion with some strawberry's and cream



Oh Harry


Awesome party in Leicester Square


Hyde Park



This is the row where everyone back in the day use to stroll around during the height of the tonnish season



Steph and I on the famous Egyptian stairwell in Harrod's




"Innocent Victims" statue of Princess Diana


Outside Harrod's


Tudor Palace at Greenwich where three Tudor monarch's were born: Henry VIII, Mary I and Elizabeth I. It was first built in 1427 and is now occupied by the Royal Naval College.







No comments:

Post a Comment