Sunday 9 January 2011

Christmas with the Vaughan's

I was incredibly blessed this year to spend Christmas with my friend Steph and her family. I had my first taste of having Christmas the British way. We ate some yummy traditional food like Roast Turkey, Potatoes, Pigs in a Blanket, Brussels Sprouts, Stuffing, Mince Pie, Brandy Butter, Cabbage, and Vegetables. I also got a chance to pop my first Cracker and drink Mulled Wine while watching the Queen's Christmas Speech. Overall it was jolly good fun! 

The beautiful table spread with a Cracker for everyone


The decked out cozy fireplace


There was full snow in Redditch! Charlotte (Steph's younger sister) took me on a walk.




This pic is a view of the houses from the woods




There were enormous icicles growing on the house! No need for Christmas decorations out here...they had the real thing!



The lovely Christmas tree


Steph was so proud to find a Heston Orange Pudding at a normal price. These puddings were in such high demand that some people paid up to £250 on eBay! 


Us girls wearing our Cracker hats


Max looking so cute in his Santa outfit


Alex, Steph, Charlotte and I opening our Christmas stockings


Mince pie me!


Snow angels


Christmas feast! 



Later on in the day Steph and Charlotte took me on a tour of Stratford. Here I got a taste of old England as it's the birthplace of William Shakespeare and is set on the banks of river Avon. 



Shakespeare's birth home


Many of the homes along the river bank have tiny little doors like this. People must have been tiny back in the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment