Sunday 9 January 2011

Hogmanay 2011

Hogmanay in Scotland is one of the most popular New Year celebrations in the world. In Edinburgh it was a 3 day fest starting with the Torchlight Procession on the 30th. The march began on the Royal Mile and ended on Calton Hill. Over 20,000 people participated!! It took over 2 hours for everyone to get to the top of the hill.


Jek and I on the outskirts of the procession



It was endless



Finally at the top of Calton Hill


Once everyone got to the top they set a giant wooden ship on fire creating an enormous bonfire



Hurray for fireworks! 



New Years Eve day...guess what we decided to do? Climb a mountain! Hah! Well, Arthur's Seat to be exact.



Palace of Holyroodhouse at the base of Arthur's Seat and at the bottom of the Royal Mile



And the climb begins...









A cute white lab was rolling on the hill


Jessica super stoked to be near the top





The view was amazing...epic


Here we are at the top. Of course I panicked since I'm afraid of heights. In my defense it was super windy up there!


Conquered my fear, hauded my wheesht and sat at the top




Later on that day we made it to the giant street party. This is the only picture I have of the group all together because soon after it was taken mayhem ensued. Over 80,000 people showed up for this event!


10


9


8


7


6


5


4


3


2


1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Jess and I loving life at this point

No comments:

Post a Comment