Sunday 9 January 2011

Glasgow and Oban - Chippity doo dah chippity aye!

After the bedlam of Hogmanay Jessica and I moved our American fanny's onward towards Glasgow and into the care of 3 very tall Scottish boys. I made some great friends, memories and even tried black pudding!

Hogwarts aka Glasgow University




Kelvingrove Art Gallery



Sweet organ in the foyer


Jek's gran created this awesome ceramic tower that's on display


My friend, Mr. Moose!


The gates of the necropolis...we visited a lot of cemetery's on this trip









Last Wednesday Jek took Jess and I on a roadtrip up past Loch Lomond and on to an idyllic little town called Oban. The scenic route was gorgeous, not to mention entertaining with Jess and I belting out Disney tunes. A whole new world anyone?



Oban






McCaig's Tower - Oban's personal Colosseum



Brilliant view from the tower


On our way back to Glasgow we stopped at the Drovers Inn for a refresher. This place was established in 1705 and has bore witness to some old stuff. Rob Roy MacGregor himself was even known to make some appearances. 300 years later travelers are still making pit stops here.


This is my sinister I'm a freak face. The Drovers Inn reminded me of the Prancing Pony in Lord of the Rings.


Jekie poo


Volturi or just a hobbit? You decide.


Last night in Glasgow


Whelp this marks the end of my Scottish adventure...until next time :) On that note I will leave you all with this knee slapper I heard from a bonnie lad. 

Hear about the skeleton that wore a kilt? It was Boney Prince Charlie.

or my personal favorite

On the fourth day God decided to make Scotland. 

He said to the Archangel Gabriel, 'Today I'm going to create Scotland. I'm giving it wild majestic mountains, beautiful wildlife, I'm giving it crystal clear streams populated with trout and salmon, I'm giving it clean beaches and rich agricultural fields.'

Gabriel said, 'Aren't you being too generous to these Scots Lord?'

God replied, 'Don't worry Gabriel wait until you see the shite I'm giving them for neighbours.'

No comments:

Post a Comment